Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sony Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens.

Sony Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens.
  • If you are a serious photographer, you are going to be better off buying the body of this camera separately from the lens. It isn't that the 18-55mm lens, 3.5-5.6 aperture lens is bad: it just isn't great for inside work, as far as I can tell.
  • The kind of "meh" aperture range means you'll struggle a bit in "normal" indoor lighting to get hand-held shots that don't really want flash, and the problem with the flash is it is straight-ahead flash, so that your attempts at head shots are going to potentially have a deer-in-the-headlights quality about them.
  • This will be because even zoomed in to 55mm, you're going to need to be close to a subject for a portrait shot--closer than you really would like to be. Getting the two-lens kit, for a couple hundred dollars more, might be a really good alternative here, because I think the longer telephoto in that kit can go out to 200mm, giving you more flexibility in where you need to stand for shots.
  • I was pretty sure when purchasing the kit that I was going to quickly need a really solid prime to go with it, and the Sony 50mm f 1.4 has already proven itself a valuable addition.
  • The good news is that, aside from the "adequate-but-kind-of-meh" lens, everything else on this thing mostly rocks! I was a bit nervous because I had seen other reviews in which some reviewers chewed on the ergonomics a bit, but I'm not really finding that to be a problem so far.
  • The battery door, the door to the memory cards, etc., are rigid and open happily and confidently. As far as the battery goes, my advice would be to pick up an extra battery, because after charging mine the first time, I was down to roughly half power without having taken that many photos maybe 75 RAW out of what I was being told was a 500-image total available.
  • I didn't expect the battery to make it for 500 shots, but it looks like I would have gotten about 150 shots out of the charge, and I can definitely see situations where a photographer would run into trouble from that.
In order to find out further information about Digital SLR Lens, Cannon Telephoto, Nikon nikkor lens, EF Telephoto Lens please visit: www.lensnikkor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment