Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Amazing 18-55mm AF-S DX nikon lens

Amazing 18-55mm AF-S DX nikon lens

  • I have the original 18-55mm AF-S DX nikon lens which came with my D40 kit and love it - it weighs nothing, performs brilliantly, and focuses so close that I can use this 18 55 nikon lens as a macro if I want.
  • I decided to get this since I do quite a bit of indoor photography without flash, and wanted some extra stability in low-light, longer-shutter speed situations from the Vibration Reduction which I have on my 18-200mm VR but don't use on my D40.
  • It's performed brilliantly under such circumstances; I can get sharp shots at 1/20, 1/10 and even 1/8 if I'm really stable at the time of the shot - something I couldn't reliably get from the non-VR version.
  • It also helps in the long end (55mm) in uneven light and other times when the VR becomes necessary.
  • In terms of sharpness, light falloff, distortion, and all the other metrics, this 18 55 nikon lens is as good as, or slightly better, than the original non-VR version.
  • It is also a bit heavier and seems a bit more solid in construction, with a tighter zoom ring and differently-sculpted manual focus ring with more recessed plastic indentations compared with the original model.
  • If you generally do lots of flash or outdoor photography, and don't tend to experience slower shutter speeds due to lighting issues, or take most of your shots at the wider end of the scale this 18 55mm nikon lens is probably an upgrade that you can either do with or without.
  • In the end the investment is quite small for those few times that VR might save the shot, so I would get one.
  • Granted, VR at this level is less about hand shake in daylight, but more about low lighting conditions and longer shutter speeds.
  • As for some reviewer's comments on the default lens speed, etc.
In order to find out further information about Digital SLR Lens, Cannon Telephoto, Nikon nikkor lens, EF Telephoto Lens please visit: www.lensnikkor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment