Saturday, January 16, 2010

Have you seen the perfect 18-55mm nikon lens.

Have you seen the perfect 18-55mm nikon lens.

I have the original 18-55mm nikon lens AF-S DX which came with my D40 kit and love it - it weighs nothing, performs brilliantly, and focuses so close that I can use it as a macro if I want.

I decided to get this 18-55mm nikon lens since I do quite a bit of indoor photography without flash, and wanted some extra stability in low-light, longer-shutter speed situations from the Vibration Reduction which I have on my 18-200mm VR but don't use on my D40 (I use that on my D300, and it almost never comes off).

This 18-55mm nikon lens performed brilliantly under such circumstances; I can get sharp shots at 1/20, 1/10 and even 1/8 if I'm really stable at the time of the shot - something I couldn't reliably get from the non-VR version. It also helps in the long end (55mm) in uneven light and other times when the VR becomes necessary.

In terms of sharpness, light falloff, distortion, and all the other metrics, this lens is as good as, or slightly better, than the original non-VR version. The 18-55mm nikon lens is also a bit heavier and seems a bit more solid in construction, with a tighter zoom ring and differently-sculpted manual focus ring (with more recessed plastic indentations compared with the original model).

I think the addition of VR makes it the perfect lens for the D40, D40x or newly-introduced D60, since its performance is so much better in all metrics and tests (particularly distortion and sharpness) than some of its would-be step-up replacements .

In order to find out further information about Digital SLR Lens, Cannon Telephoto, Nikon nikkor lens, EF Telephoto Lens please visit: www.lensnikkor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment